Now that it’s the holiday season, it’s time to start thinking about recipes for the dinner table. Of course, we all enjoy a classic glazed ham or turkey, but this month we want to focus on a delicious fresh salmon recipe for your fellow seafood lovers at the table. If you’re looking to incorporate seafood as an entree, we have an option for you! And remember, when you’re looking for a Shrewsbury butcher, choose D’Erricos!
Holiday Salmon Bake
Feel free to replace or substitute any ingredients as needed. Regarding the sauce, you’re welcome to use any measurements you want to fit your preference. However, we’re adding in a few measurements just for some guidelines!
- Whole Salmon Fillet with the skin on (wild caught preferred)
- One finely sliced shallot
- 4 fresh garlic cloves (minced)
- One tablespoon of honey
- 1 cup of pomegranate juice (more or less if you want a certain consistency)
- One sprig of rosemary (and the rest to garnish)
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Chopped pecans for garnish
- In a skillet, sautee shallots in light oil over medium heat.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients for the glaze in a bowl and whisk until mixed.
- Once the shallots are browned, pour the pomegranate juice mixture into the skillet. Simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
- To bake the salmon, you’ll need a baking sheet and parchment paper lining the base.
- Use a paper towel to pat the salmon dry and season with salt and pepper. Place salmon on the parchment paper with the skin side facing up.
- Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for around 8 minutes.
- Take the salmon out of the oven and flip it over so the skin side is on the parchment paper. Pour some of the sauce on top to cover the salmon. You don’t need to use all the sauce at once!
- Bake for around 16-18 more minutes or until your preference.
- Once it’s out of the oven, cover the salmon with more sauce and garnish with pecans, rosemary, and pomegranate seeds. Enjoy!
Need a Shrewsbury Butcher? Visit D’Erricos!
At D’Erricos, we strive to provide you with fresh quality seafood and meat cuts. In addition to quality cuts, we also have fresh produce, prepared foods, and other food selections to complete your meals! We know the holidays are soon approaching. So when it comes time to get your cuts for the holidays, you can rely on D’Erricos to carry the selections you need!
Follow us on Facebook or visit us at one of our two locations in Worcester or Leominster today!