January marks National Soup Month, and D’Erricos Market is here to celebrate! We all know and love the classic chicken noodle soup. But this month, we’re switching it up with a fresh chicken soup recipe you can make at home! In the meantime, you can find all the soup ingredients you need at D’Erricos to celebrate one of our favorite months with us!
Fresh Chicken Spinach and Artichoke Soup
If you enjoy artichoke dip, you’ll love this take on it, but in soup form!
- Six cups of chicken broth (no low sodium)
- 1 ¼ pound of boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- Two chopped celery stalks
- ½ of a chopped Vidalia onion
- One can (14 oz) of artichoke hearts (quartered and drained)
- One tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Two tablespoons of heavy cream
- One cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Two tablespoons of chopped parsley
- One cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 4 ½ cups of fresh spinach (not frozen)
- Lemon juice (half a lemon)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Combine chopped celery and onion and cook until they’re soft and onions are translucent. Once they’re soft, add the red pepper flakes and garlic.
- Once the ingredients are fragrant, pour the chicken broth and lemon juice and bring everything to a boil.
- Add all the chicken into the pot and bring it to low heat. Simmer until the chicken is cooked thoroughly. This should take approximately 12 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pot and shred it. You can use forks or a hand mixer for this process.
- Add the shredded chicken to the pot and combine the mozzarella cheese, artichoke hearts, cream, and parmesan. Stir occasionally until all the cheese is melted.
- Once the cheese is melted, add in the fresh spinach and cook until wilted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Visit D’Erricos for Fresh Chicken, Premium Cuts, and More!
We encourage you to stop in at one of our two locations in MA to view our weekly special.! In the meantime, you can view our other selections online. We look forward to your next visit!
Follow us on Facebook for updates, or visit one of our two locations today!